Not long ago I was wandering aimlessly up and down the aisles of my local Bulk Food Store looking for some sort of inspiration. I can’t really recall if I was looking for an ingredient for a DIY body product or for an exciting new baking ingredient. What I stumbled upon though has left me with a major crush on The Unscented Company.
High up on the shelf at the end of the aisle, packed in with the natural soaps and shampoos, there it was … Unscented Dish Soap and Dish Washer Tabs! I’m not even sure how my eyes were drawn up there; I could barely reach high enough to grab it. I immediately remembered that dishes aren’t supposed to smell like lemons or lavender. I’m also pretty sure that those scents – in most products – are not composed of real lemons and lavender. So, I bought one of each right there and then. I haven’t stopped buying them since and have added more of their products to my cleaning routine when my other eco-cleaning products won’t do. Here’s why:
5 Things I Love About The Unscented Company Products:
- They’re unscented! Most scented soaps or cleaners, even candles, are too scented for me. Often with scented products I quickly end up with a headache that lasts much longer than the odour when I use them.
- They’re about as environmentally friendly as I’ve found so far. They’re the closest to “green” that I’ve found at anywhere near a reasonable price. I’ll admit I haven’t researched every ingredient in the products but what I have researched, I’m happy with. And these days I’m okay with simply doing the best I can with what I’ve found so far – because this whole “environmental living” quest can be overwhelming and fraught with sketchy information.
- I don’t end up with chemical burns on my hands after doing the dishes a few days in a row. When we moved into this house (closer to the cottage YAY!), it didn’t have a dishwasher. I wound up doing a lot of dishes by hand while unpacking. I thought I chose the least horrible commercial soap but soon my hands were so red and raw that I had to buy rubber gloves to do the dishes. That just seems wrong doesn’t it? Thankfully I found The Unscented Company products shortly after we moved.
- They have recyclable refill boxes! And the math works on a price/litre costing. (I’m not sure why I’m so surprised by this – I just am.)
- Their household products are readily available through Amazon, at your local Canadian Tire store or you can purchase direct from their website. They also have a personal care line which I’m looking forward to researching and trying too!
Is there anything I don’t like about The Unscented Company?
So far NO! Not only are their products awesome but when I reached out to them to use their images in this post, the responded quickly and kindly. And that’s not all; they are also a Certified B Company which means they’re committed to being a successful business in partnership with their community AND the planet AND they’re Canadian!
I was already hooked on The Unscented Company but when I watched their pitch on an episode of The Dragon’s Den – well, that’s when I became a true fan.
And did I mention … The Unscented Company Products WORK!
I guess that’s important too right? In fact, they make me look good as a “non-diligent” housekeeper. Every product I’ve tried has resulted in a superior clean.
So … Superior Clean … Planet-friendly … Unscented … I can’t think of anything else I’d ask for in my cleaning products. Now, I’m going to order some body products and give them a shot! Have you tried The Unscented Company yet?